Suitable for all levels from beginner, this workshop gives you the techniques you need to create a willow asymmetrical basket with wooden handle.
Runs from 10.30 – 4.30 at our willow farm: The Mill, Gwernogle, Carmarthen, SA32 7SA.
£50 per person. All materials included.
What you will learn:
How to make a stake and strand base using pairing weave
How to stake up the sides of the basket
How to weave the sides using a French rand weave
How to attach the wooden handle
- This is an outside workshop under the cover of a gazebo.
- Hand sanitiser will be available
- Each person will have their own table with a minimum of 2m distance between tables. If there are two people from the same household, you are welcome to sit together.
- All tools will be thoroughly sanitised and you will have your own dedicated set
- Please do not attend if you are feeling unwell
- If course is postponed due to new lockdown measures, your place can be transferred or you can request a full refund
- Maximum of 4 attendees
Please bring lunch with you. Hot drinks will be available.
Contact Details – Justine or Alan: 01267 202309 or email@example.com
About the tutor: Justine Burgess of West Wales Willows.
Justine originally trained as an engineer, and worked in the charity and education sectors, before becoming a partner in West Wales Willows with her husband, Alan. On their smallholding in Carmarthenshire, they grow around 250 varieties of willow and Justine weaves with willow and teaches a wide range of workshops in Wales.