Come and weave your very own coiled rope effect basket with our locally grown and Somerset willow. Perfect for beginners and above.
What you will learn:
How to make a stake and strand base using pairing weave
How to stake up the sides of the basket
How to use a 5 rod wale to weave the sides and create the rope coil effect
How to add colour as “infill” between the coils
- Hand sanitiser will be available
- The hall at Myddfai is big and each person will have their own table with a minimum of 2m distance between tables. If there are two people from the same household, you are welcome to sit together.
- All tools will be thoroughly sanitised and you will have your own dedicated set
- Please do not attend if you are feeling unwell
- If course is postponed due to new lockdown measures, your place can be transferred or you can request a full refund
- Maximum of 8 attendees
NB The café will NOT be open, so we will have the building to ourselves. Please bring lunch with you. Hot drinks will be available.
10.30am – 4.30pm ish
£50 per person including all materials and tools
About the tutor: Justine Burgess of West Wales Willows.
Justine originally trained as an engineer, and worked in the charity and education sectors, before becoming a partner in West Wales Willows with her husband, Alan. On their smallholding in Carmarthenshire, they grow around 250 varieties of willow and Justine weaves with willow and teaches a wide range of workshops in Wales.
This workshop will be held at Myddfai Community Hall and Visitor Centre, Myddfai, Carms