Come and weave your very own coiled rope effect basket with our locally grown and Somerset willow. Perfect for beginners and above.
Runs from 10.00 – 4.00 (ish) at Tywi Gateway Trust, Bishop’s Park and Gardens, Abergwili, Carmarthenshire SA31 2JG, next to the museum. Directions are available on their website here: DIRECTIONS
What you will learn:
- How to make a stake and strand base using pairing weave
- How to stake up the sides of the basket
- How to use a 5 rod wale to weave the sides and create the rope coil effect
- How to add colour as “infill” between the coils
£65 per person including all materials and tools – willow colours will vary depending on what we have avaiolable.
About the tutor: Justine Burgess of West Wales Willows.
Justine originally trained as an engineer, and worked in the charity and education sectors, before becoming a partner in West Wales Willows with her husband, Alan. On their smallholding in Carmarthenshire, they grow around 250 varieties of willow and Justine weaves with willow and teaches a wide range of workshops in Wales.
IMPORTANT CANCELLATION POLICY:
If you are unable to attend a course please let us know as soon as possible.
- If a cancellation is made 28 days or more before the course start date then a full refund will be given or you can swap to another course.
- If a cancellation is made between 28 days and 14 days before the course start date and we are able to allocate your place to another student, then a 50% refund will be given. In the event that we are unable to allocate your place to another student, no refund will be given.
- If a cancellation is made less than 14 days before the course start date then no refund will be given.